For The Curvy Mamas!

LuLaRoe Plus Size

LuLaRoe Plus Sizing

If you are new to LuLaRoe it can be difficult to decide what size to wear if you are only able to shop online.  So, I thought I would take a few pics of myself to give you an idea how LuLaRoe styles can really flatter us curvy girls too!

For starters, I am about 5'3" , wear size 18  in women's (plus size) jeans, and 2XL for shirts.  What I love about LLR is that I can wear 2 sizes in most of the styles.  And no, not all of the styles look good on me... but many of them do!

Irma and Leggings

This is a medium Irma with Tall and Curvy Leggings.  I can wear both a medium and large Irma comfortably.

March 2017 update:  I think I have gained some weight lol.  I like a Large or XL Irma nowadays.

Nicole Dress

This is a 2xl Nicole.  The fabric is like T-shirt material.  It is amazing what an accessory like a belt does to LuLaRoe dresses!

Maxi Skirt and Perfect T

This is a large Maxi skirt and a medium Perfect T.  I can also get into a medium maxi because I am so short.  I really like knotting the sides of the Perfect T, to give it a little more shape, but still not cling to my stomach.  Getting the right fit with the Perfect T is essential, wearing one too small will likely make you look pregnant.

Update March 2017:  When I originally did this post, the Perfect T I wore was pretty stretchy.  Having tried many others, I like how a Large or XL Perfect T fit on me.

Here is the same Maxi skirt with an XL Classic T.

Here is a Large Perfect T with Tall and Curvy leggings.

LuLaRoe Cassie

Here is an XL Perfect T with a 3xl Cassie.  The Cassie is a little loose on me, I like to wear a 2xl Cassie.

I also really like the Azure skirt.  Below is a 2xl Azure, I can also wear a 3xl.

Now, I have found that the Julia dress and the Randy shirt just do not work with my body type.  But it works for many others!  I don't have pics, but I also like how the 2xl and 3xl Anna fits me.  The 3xl is a little long, but I'm just careful walking up and down stairs! lol.

I really hope this post helps you find what works for you and gives you a starting point.  Did anyone else notice my little helper slowly lost her clothes?!

If you have any other questions regarding fit, or styles, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Related Post

Join the discussion 37 Comments

• Kimberly Gerber says:

Thanks for these! ! I really want to try a cassie, but I have a flabby c section stomach so I’m worried. I tried the julia and it was a no go, even in 3XL (I’m a solid 18 and fit in xl in masison, amelia and nichole). Do you think it would work for me or does it just hug on the belly?? The julia made me look like a busted can of biscuits :-/

• Christina says:

This was really helpful, I’d love to get your input on how more styles fit. Most of the other reviews I’ve seen are written by ladies who wear XXS.

• Erika Hanes says:

Thanks so much your listing really helped me. Have you tried on the Amelia, I am torn between the xl and 2xl.

• Tabitha Robinson says:

Thanks so much, great post and love the pictures.

• AmandaL says:

So helpful! I get nervous when I see something labeled to fit “tall” AND “curvy”, because I am one but not the other 🙂 My biggest worry with the leggings is the length – I’m only 5’2″, and most leggings tend to bunch at the ankle and pull the leg down, so I end up spending the whole day trying to hike them back up. GAH. Also glad to see where the different Ts hit a more petite person!

• omahalulagirl says:

I’m 5’3″, they are a bit long on me, but in the winter, I am usually wearing boots, or in the summer, I pull them up into capri’s. Sometimes I just cuff them if I am wearing Chucks.

• Tiffybell says:

I love the cuffed look! I do that with all my leggings anyways cause I prefer the way capris look on me. And the large cuff gives your look a cute kinda rockabilly vibe.

• Jennifer says:

I’m 5’2″ and wear a TC and I can pull them up at the thigh and wear them comfortably all day without noticing them slipping down at all. I love them. I’ve been wondering if I could wear the OS also because that would give me the opportunity for more patterns. I’m 170 lbs anybody have a guess as to whether I could wear them?

• omahalulagirl says:

Hi Jennifer! Everyone carries their weight differently so it’s hard for me to say, but usually OS goes up to size 10/12 pant size. Hope that helps!

• a says:

You would get the OS (one size) leggings then.

• Rachel Lewis says:

Thanks for this review and stating what size you wear outside of lularoe. I’m a 22 right now and a solid 2x to 3xl shirt. I’ve been trying to decided if i can wear the nicole in a 3xl since i tried on an amelia (i think in a 3xl) and it was too snug in my chest. I dont have anyone local that carries the nicole for me to try it on 🙁 I may just get one and take the gamble…. again thanks for your review it was helpful for sure!

• omahalulagirl says:

The Nicole will have a little more room in the chest than an Amelia. And the waist is just a tad lower, giving more room in the chest area. Different fabrics also make a big difference in how they fit. Never hesitate to ask a consultant how much stretch a fabric has, or what type of fabric it is.

• Katie says:

I’m normally a size 22 and the Nicole in a 2x is just a little too tight through the boobs and arms (and I’m not super busty…a small D cup)…I think a 3x will probably be right.

• Elizabeth Rogers says:

I appreciate this. I’m a size 12 in my mind, but really, I’m now in a 14. I found a medium maxi that looks amazing. I would love to try it. I feel more confident that I can now. Thank you

• omahalulagirl says:

I’m glad you are going to try it! The first step is always the hardest. I always recommend finding a local consultant, so you can go try on all the styles. Makes it much easier to shop online and not get discouraged. Some styles run big, and different fabrics fit different too. If it doesn’t work, try again! I didn’t like Maxi skirts when I first started, but now I love them.

• Jillian says:

Thank you SO much for this overview! I really appreciate it. 🙂

• Marissa M. says:

Thank you SO much for this. I’m having a hard time with the weird sizing of these clothes. I really appreciate it.

• Emily C. says:

Thank you so much!!!! I won. Perfect T from a friends group and I have been so lost on what size I needed. The sizing chart just confuses me and I’d hate to get the wrong size. Upon researching, I decided I really didn’t like the look of the Perfect T on girls my size. It just doesn’t lay well for me. Many like it but I know for my own style, I just don’t. So I was feeling conflicting. But then I saw how you had the XL Perfect T and I immediately knew! I love the way it lays! So I think I’ve found the size I’d like! Thank you thank you thank you! This will be my first lularoe item (I just don’t have the money to spend on clothes for myself. Family comes first). So I was estatic that I won! 😀

• Kate says:

Thanks for this! Very helpful! Everyone says to downsize 1-2 sizes for the Irma. I’m very busty though so I’m always afraid to do that. I’ll have to see if there is a consultant near me that I could try on stuff.

• Lori says:

I usually can’t go down 2 sizes. I have bigger arms so usually do 1 size down from what I wear. It also depends on the material. The ribbed shirts have a ton more stretch.

• dena says:

I’m nursing triplets and have gone from 34B to a 36G. I wear a S or M Irma. It really is very forgiving. Carly is the same way. I have yet to figure out my size for the other tops or dresses

• Shawna says:

This is great for guidance! Thank you!

• Stacy Wren says:

Thank you for your pictures & honesty.

• Nicole says:

I usually wear a 15 pant size. Has anyone bought the Monroe in small, or is the size chart pretty spot on?

• Mia says:

I just found this page. And I think based on what I have seen and read elsewhere, the fabrics have changed which means the sizing and how things fit have changed. I have tried on the Irma in several sizes and the arms are always too tight. My LuLaRoe person said the fabrics are not as stretchy with some anymore. And it is nice to see some one closer to me in height wearing the clothing.

• Helen says:

Hello: thanks so much for helping us find the right size LuLaRoe. I too want to buy on line but need to be able to try them on.
    Have you ever tried on the Maxi Skirt and pulled it up as a strapless dress? I would be very interested to hear your opinion on how this fit you. I am thinking thinking of buying a Medium or Large.
    Thanks for your help –
    Helen

• Helen says:

Hello again – it might be helpful for you to know that I wear a Medium in the Perfect T and found a XS to be flatering in the Carly – amazing since I usually wear a XL or size 16. thanks again!

• Christie says:

I got my mom a 2x perfext r which is what she normally wears. Ow I’m worried it will be to big thoughts??

• Amanda Collier says:

This is great. What’s your take on Madison and Amelia?

• Leandra Young-Lutz says:

Than you so much!!!! So helpful.
    You look great!

• I absolutely love LLR. I’m a size 18 too and I’m obsessed with Carly dresses. I have 6! lol